RELEASE: Oct. 18, 2011 Contact: Pete LaFleur (email@example.com)
Here's a quick look at CollegeSoccer360.com's Primetime Performers Weekly Honor Roll in Division I women's soccer (for Oct. 10-16) – with Miami junior forward Kate Howarth (Grand Blanc, Mich.) earning the top honor, as the CS360 week-9 Primetime Player of the Week. Howarth (pictured at right) led the Hurricanes to a pair of huge wins – 3-2 vs. Boston College (cs360 #7) and 2-1 over #14 Maryland – as Miami solidified its position for qualification into the ACC Tournament while padding its NCAA Tournament resume. Howarth assisted on a pair of goals against BC (including the decisive 75th-minute score for the 3-2 final) and then scored both Miami goals versus the Terps, with her 61st-minute score providing the final 2-1 margin.
The Primetime designation recognizes players based on situational factors (such as quality of opponent, clutch play, leadership, all-around contributions, etc.) displayed in their performances during the past week, rather than solely on raw stats (full listing of criteria included below).
** Note – this page is in production, with player info. in the process of being added (see right sidebar for headshots of all 12 honorees; action photo of Howarth above, with the other 11 pictured below). ...
CS360 Primetime Performers Weekly Honor Roll #9 (Division I women)
(presented by CollegeSoccer360.com ... for games Oct. 10-16, 2011)
"It's not so much what your do, as it is when you do it."
JENNA CAROSIO (Illinois ... D ... Sr. ... Novi, MI ... #21)
ABI COTTAM (Rider ... F ... Jr. ... Leominster, England ... #10)
KAYLA DAVIS (Wyoming ... M ... Sr. ... Folsom, CA ... #15)
SARAH DEVINE (UC Irvine ... D ... Jr. ... San Diego, CA ... #12)
SARAH HAGEN (Milwaukee ... F ... Sr. ... Appleton, WI ... #10)
*KATE HOWARTH (Miami ... F ... Jr. ... Grand Blanc, MI ... #1)
ALECIA McNIFF (St. Francis, PA ... D ... So. ... Marietta, PA ... #2)
MEG MORRIS (North Carolina ... D ... So. ... Montclair, NJ ... #32)
BRITTNEY PAVLICA (Western Michigan ... F ... Jr. ... Kenosha, WI ... #19)
APRIL PERRY (Florida International ... D ... Sr. ... Hollywood, FL ... #6)
KRISTIN SALMINEN (Northern Colorado ... G ... Sr. ... Lynden, WA ... #26)
MALLORY SCHAFFER (William & Mary ... M ... Jr. ... Allison Park, PA ... #12)
* – CS360 Primetime Player of the Week
Selection for the CS360 weekly awards is based on any/all of the following "primetime" criteria (i.e. not solely based on raw stats):
• Must have been playing in a game involving a top-50 team from the CS360 Composite National Rankings (or in a game involving a preseason conference favorite/leader), or performed at a high level in a game that is key to the team's postseason qualification/participation.
• In general, preference is given based on the quality of the opponent and situational factors involved in the player's accomplishments.
• Exhibited strong leadership and/or involved in clutch performances, such as gamewinning goals, noteworthy comebacks, late scores, momentum-shifting play, all-around performance, team spirit, etc.
• Overcame adversity or extreme circumstances (for the team and/or individual).
• Bonus consideration is given for key performances away from team's home field.
All photos on this page courtesy of the respective schools.
left side, from top: Jenna Carosio (Illinois, #21) ... Kayla Davis (Wyoming, #15) ...
Sarah Hagen (Milwaukee, #10) ... Meg Morris (UNC, #32) ... April Perry (FIU, #6) ...
Mallory Schaffer (W&M, #26) ...
right side, from top: Abi Cottom (Rider, #10) ... Sarah Devine (Irvine, #12) ...
Aleica McNiff (St. Francis, #2) ... Brittney Pavlica (WMU, #19) ...
Kristin Salminen (Northern Colorado, #26)